More people should know about these powerfoods, because they are our key to how to stop inflammation naturally. Try to include these in your diet every day.
Studies show that ginger helps with rheumatism and osteoarthritis. Ginger helps your body to produce less inflammatory substances including:
- Tumor necrosis factor
- Inflammatory prostaglandins
Cactus contains anti-inflammatory substances such as beta-sitosterol. Cactus and in particular some of its phytochemicals, including flavonoids, reduce inflammatory responses.
Cactus is also rich in antioxidants. Oxidative stress plays a part in triggering inflammation, so it helps to include it in your diet to lower oxidative stress.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Why is it important to eat more omega-3s?
Omega-3s help us to balance omega-6s fatty acids. Excessive omega-6 levels cause your body to produce pro-inflammatory substances.
The amount of omega-6 fatty acids we eat should only be 3 to 4 times the omega-3s in our diet. Today, the amount of omega-6s the average person eats is 20 times that of his omega-3s!
Get your omega-3s from
- Chia seed and kiwi fruit seed. For best effect, crack or pound them before eating so that they release omega-3s into your body. Otherwise there’s a chance your body passes them out whole.
- Perilla seed oil and macadamia oil. Their high smoke points make them ideal for cooking.
These are foods very rich in omega-3s, so they help to address the omega-6/omega-3 imbalance most people have.
- Deep-fried food
- Most cooking oils in the supermarket, which contain loads more omega-6s compared to omega-3s
- Fish oil, because it’s usually obtained from the livers of fish. As filters, livers are more concentrated in toxins
- Flaxseed, because it contains potentially poisonous cyanogenic glycosides and has negative side effects
Inflammatory diseases like arthritis are widespread today. If arthritis is so prevalent, the way we eat must have something to do with it. Fortunately, it also means we can rectify the problem easily. Have other easy to follow tips to stop inflammation naturally? Why not share them with us so that we can all live with less inflammation?
- The effect of extracts from ginger rhizome on inflammatory mediator production.
- Anti-tumor-promoting activities of selected pungent phenolic substances present in ginger.
- Ginger Extract Inhibits β-Amyloid Peptide–Induced Cytokine and Chemokine Expression in Cultured THP-1 Monocytes.
- An anti-inflammatory principle from cactus.
- Topical Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Isorhamnetin Glycosides Isolated from Opuntia ficus-indica.
- Chronic Inflammation: Molecular Pathophysiology, Nutritional and Therapeutic Interventions.