There isn’t enough health education at the elementary levels to teach us about the immune system. It’s actually basic health information every person should know because it is THE thing helping us to stay alive.
What is the immune system for?
It’s for fighting against diseases and other invaders that threaten your health.
How does the immune system work?
To fight invaders, the immune system works through a complex network containing different types of
- immune cells, each type performing different functions. For example, macrophages swallow invaders.
- Immune substances such as antibodies
- Organs such as lymph nodes
- Messengers for cells to communicate with each other
All these work together in order for the immune system to function.
To be effective, the immune system also shares an interdependent relationship with other systems of the body:
Can vitamins boost immune system?
When obtained through plant foods, vitamins definitely help to boost the immune system.
What vitamins boost the immune system?
All types! Your body needs a bit of everything to feed the many different parts of the immune system for all rounded protection. So, don’t just stick to vitamin C.
How to: strengthening immune system
- Have an active balanced lifestyle with regular rest.
- Eat a plant based, balanced diet.
- Stay positive at all times, because when you’re always unhappy, your body releases stress hormones that damage your immunity in the long run.
How to boost immune system naturally?
First, cut down on meat, dairy, and processed foods.
Also cut down on alcohol if you drink regularly.
Replace them with a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. Don’t just stick to a few!
A good guide is to eat fruits and vegetables of as many different colors as possible, because the pigments that give them color are nutritious for the immune system as antioxidants and phytochemicals.
What is your immune system question?
If you have a question, please feel free to ask by leaving a comment!